Welcome To OCBOA
Southern California’s OCBOA is an Umpire Training and Educational organization which schedules umpires to officiate all California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) games at every level (Freshman, JV and Varsity) of High School Baseball in Orange County, including the Southern Section playoffs. The OCBOA is recognized for it’s excellence in umpire development and training.
OCBOA provides a training program with the purpose of developing the complete high school umpire in all areas:
- Complete knowledge of CIF rules, intent of these rules, and access to the latest rule interpretations
- Comprehensive mechanics knowledge and its execution on the field
- Game management skills to handle difficult situations and promote the integrity of the game
- Professionalism in all actions on and off the field
- Adherence to the proper protocols for high school umpires.
One Man Mechanics Clinic Info
Our 3rd field clinic for the 2018 season will held on January 6, 2018 at Foothill HS in Santa Ana, Ca. At this clinic we will be covering NFHS One-man mechanics with approved CBUA enhancements. Below is the schedule for the day:
Morning session: 9am-12pm
The One-man clinic is for our 1st and 2nd year members for clinic credit.
1st and 2nd year members: Required that you attend an OCBOA 2-man clinic or One-man clinic. Preferably, it would be wise to attend the One-man clinic. You may attend one of the approved clinics listed below for credit.
What’s On Deck:
One Man Mechanics Clinic
06 Jan 2018
Foothill High School
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
Instructional Classroom Dates
- Jan. 17 (General Meeting)
- Jan. 29
- Feb. 21
- Feb. 26
- March 12 (Make-Up Meeting/Mandatory for 1st & 2nd Year Members)
- March 19
- April 16
- April 30 (Playoff Meeting)
All meetings will be held at Foothill High School and begin promptly at 6:30 PM.